keskiviikko 24. syyskuuta 2014

Oban, Scotland 22.-23.9

6th day at the Center

22.9.2014

I joined in the hydrotherapy at Fort William. We had more clients joining in than last week, there was a full minibus. Every client had an employee supporting them. So all the situations were very secure and also every client had enough attention in the water. Every client seemed to enjoy the water very much.

 

I have enjoyed my time at Lorne very much so far. One of the best things among the clients has been the staff. I have had very good discussions and everyone has been very welcoming! The staff including the managers have had time for my questions and they have also been interested in how things are done in Turku and Finland. The attitude towards me has been amazing: people are open,  honest, fun-loving (ready to laugh as soon as situation occurs) and warm-hearted. 

 

In the evening some of the staff joined me for a dinner at a local italian style restaurant. Delicious food and a great evening all in all! 


-Elina

 

23.9.2014, 7th day at Lorne Resource Center


In the morning I had my second chat with Janine. This time we had time to go through some materials that both of us use in our daily work helping clients/students to communicate. We would have had so many things to go through, but there wasn't enough time for everything.

 

I joined in the two art groups today. The one in the morning made jewellery out of old cutlery (forks and spoons). It was really interesting to see how it is done. I got to try it also, it was challenging at first, because it was completely new to me, but I made it!


In the afternoon the art group continued making the lanters for the winter festival. The theme had changed so first everyone drew their ideas of the new theme and then we made some willow work.


-Elina

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti