tiistai 14. lokakuuta 2014

26.9.2014 Oban, Scotland

26.9.2014 Last day

I knew it would be really hard for me to leave Lorne Resource center and the last day was really difficult for me. I tried to hold up my tears as long as possible.. The day was quite the same as last Friday. So it made it easier for me, I knew what was going to happen. 

First thing in the morning I had a long talk with Janine. We talked about our use of pictures in communication and Janine taught me how to use the talking mats system. We also talked about Janine coming to visit Turku. I think that would be so wonderful and I truly hope this will happen also!

In the morning we went lawn bowling with a group of clients. I had one client that I instructed in the game, which was a good experience for me. And it was great to see that even in two weeks I got to know the clients so well that they trusted me. After the bowling we enjoyed tea and pancakes.

The last thing I joined in was the music group. There was singing and playing. I got to sing one song in Finnish for the group, which was nice. But the best moment was when Alistair asked me to suggest a song and all I could think was Loch Lomond. Alistair had a group of male clients sing the song for me. The words were actually perfect for this moment.

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond.
Where me and my true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

Chorus:
O ye'll take' the high road and I'll take the low road,

An' I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and me true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomon'.

'Twas there that we parted in yon shady glen,
On the steep, steep side o' Ben Lomon',
Where in deep purple hue the Hieland hills we view,
An' the moon comin' out in the gloamin'.

(chorus)

The wee birdies sing and the wild flow'rs spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleepin';
But the broken heart it kens nae second spring again,
Tho' the waefu' may cease frae their greetin'

(chorus)

As I left I got some wonderful gifts. Best thing was a card that most of the staff had written me greetings. Jim T. in Finnish even! 

I was really lucky to get to know the people at Lorne Resource center. I can't thank them enough- they all made my time perfect. I really wish to stay in touch. You are all such wonderful people! 


 Elina 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti